This is the pattern video which me Johan and Aayush made.
This is the video that Me and Manisha made in the pattern activity.
Today, the students used large grid paper in order to show how they work out addition problems. We used the concept of function to ask ourselves how it works. They created addition problems that match their level of ability at addition and then wrote detailed explanations of the strategies they use to work them out.
The next step will be to improve at addition, to able to solve more complicated addition problems and to be able to teach each other so that we can all progress as part of a team.
After watching some videos about numbers that Paula found for us, we had an interesting conversation about the number zero.
Watch these two videos to get you thinking, and then answer the questions below as well as you can:
- Zero is useful in many ways, what ways do you know?
- What examples of zero can you find in your home? Can you take pictures or bring things in?
- What wouldn’t be able to do if zero didn’t exist? Explain why?
- Does zero exist in every language/culture?
Explain why we watched this video clip. Explain about the conversations we had in class today. Get some opinions of people at home.
- Do they think life was better before the bottle? Why?
- Do they think life is better in the city or in the desert? Why?
- What do they think these things have to do with maths?