Your homework for the next three days is to interview as many different kinds of people as you can and ask them those two questions:
- What is your dream or vision for the future?
- What are YOU gonna DO to make it happen?
Capture the interviews on video and bring the video files into school so we can make our own “We Dream the Future” movie.
“Yesterday an idea is mine, today it is yours and
tomorrow it belongs to the whole world.”
I think ideas can be called sparks because ideas are the thoughts
that spark to your mind but you need to use that ideas (spark) to make the action (The Fire). So what i am tying to say here is that ideas are like sparks because you need sparks to make fire as well as you ideas the make actions. Ideas are like sparks also because they come quickly shooting in your head but sparks are not fire because you need to do something with that idea to make it in to actions that are possible and something that is not like talking to Obama to change the SOPA law. That was just an example. But you could do that if you can.
Sparks quickly come to your head because every thing you do hopefully gives you an idea a spark a quick thing that you suddenly think about. Like maybe if you are in school you might think about work or homework and if you are in a mall you might think about buying something or if you are home you might think about just going to sleep. That`s if you are tired.
Think back to when you were a very small child. What things did you used to think were true, right or good back then but have now changed your mind?
Make a comment to tell us as many examples of how your thinking has “shifted” as you can from your life so far!
Think carefully about the following questions and then write a comment to share your thoughts.
- What inspires you?
- What people have inspired you through their actions, ideas or acts of creative expression?
- What inspiring experiences have you had in your life?
- What things are inspiring you at the moment?
Make a comment to tell us which thing or things inspire you to express yourself creatively. Also, share some ideas about how you might express yourself and why that would be a good way to do it.
Here is episode one of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution so you can watch it again if you like. But, why are we watching it?
- Because Jamie is a very creative person in the way that he cooks and creates recipes, the way that he tries to solve problems and the way that he gets people’s attention.
- Because Jamie’s “ideas and actions can cause a shift in thinking and change the course of history” (the central idea for our PYP Exhibition).
- Because Jamie is a modern day hero!
- Because food is so important.
Ms. Angela showed me this website and it looks great. There’s lots of ideas for experiments you could do at school or at home. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens tomorrow. This afternoon was great!