“The changes and challenges we face as we grow help us to
understand who we are”
This is our central idea.
I would like you to come up with your own idea about how to show what you think about this. You can share your thoughts however you like, but we must be able to see what you have done – you can’t just talk about it. If you want to talk about it, film yourself talking!
There are good things and bad things about being either a boy or a girl. Using Caitie’s gratefulness theme, think of the reasons why you are glad you are or a boy, or glad you are a girl.
Create an attractive TOP TEN REASONS I’M GLAD I’M A…. visual that will go on display in the classroom. Try to keep it serious and sensible as many of the things you might be thinking about could be sensitive for people who are the opposite gender.
We watched videos about puberty in class t0day. One of the main things that was mentioned was having a healthy diet in order to help your body cope with the changes it will go through. So, I think it w0uld be really helpful if we had some information about what you all eat an drink during a typical week of your life. We’re not going to pick on anyone for eating badly, we’re just going to use the information for our inquiries over the next few weeks.
Create a visual to show what you typically eat and drink every week. Make sure your visual answers the following questions:
- What do you eat for breakfast everyday?
- What do you eat for lunch on a school day? At the weekend?
- What do you eat at night?
- What kind of snacks do you eat?
- What and when do you drink the most?
- How much water do you drink?
Make your visual good to look at and full of useful information. Create on a computer or by hand.
You have TWO DAYS to complete this task.
Together, we will create a “Who are we?” display in the classroom. You need to prepare a visual that shows people the information about you that you think is most important.
- Your personality
- Your values
- Your culture
- Your interests
- Your family and friends
- Your likes and dislikes
- Any other things that make you interesting or unique
Make your visual:
- Good to look at
- Clear that it is about you
- Show things that are not already obvious to us (VERY IMPORTANT – Don’t just tell us a whole lot of stuff we know, like “I like football”)
Your homework for the next three days is to interview as many different kinds of people as you can and ask them those two questions:
- What is your dream or vision for the future?
- What are YOU gonna DO to make it happen?
Capture the interviews on video and bring the video files into school so we can make our own “We Dream the Future” movie.
“Yesterday an idea is mine, today it is yours and
tomorrow it belongs to the whole world.”
Don’t put links to the songs as WordPress will not publish your comment.
Idea borrowed from http://photoprompts.tumblr.com/
So, you have the freedom this week to create your own homework based on your Creative Expression Project. The only rules for this are:
- You have evidence of your homework the next day
- You make a detailed comment on this posting to tell us what you did
Watch this video. Watch it more than one time if you need to. Watch it with someone else too.
Make a comment and develop a conversation about the following things:
- What inspires JR
- The choices that JR makes so that his work is as powerful as possible
- How people (including you) react to his work