- Morning- Prepare the fruits and equipment for the morning prayers: Thai and Chinese. I help prepare for this celebration since I started to acknowledge that this is a very important to Chinese History.
- Morning-Make prayers at the Thai shrine then the Chinese shrine and finally the shrine that protects and is closest to your house. This event commenced because it is the day for praying for the thai shrines and it is Chinese New Year at the same time. I help my dad carry the fruits and foods to the shrine and I also prayed with my dad.
- Morning- Prepare for the past people of our family and having breakfast.
- Morning-I went to my grandmother’s other house and have afternoon prayers of our relatives that are in heaven. Th main objective to this is to make sure our past relatives have food, utensils, electronics and money so that they stay wealthy and up to date to the world. Fruits, foods, gold paper all have to be there everyday. The most important fruit of the celebration is oranges since they have the symbol of good luck.
- Pack up and have lunch.
- Noon-Prepare for praying for relativeless spirits.
- Praying for relativeless spirits.
- Pack Up for the day.
History of Chinese New Year:
Long time ago, there was a deadly animal that would kill the Chinese people and make China terrifying. This animal’s name is knean. It stayed deep inside mountains and every day of the 14th of February, it would come out of the mountains and slaughter men and women one village at a time. The villiagers that survived gathered their food during January and hide in their houses when the knean comes. A few years later, the villiagers started to know the weaknesses of the knean:
- Loud Noises- the villiagers were just playing around with some firecrackers and the knean ran away.
- Color Red- the children in the village were wearing red shirts and the knean ran away too.
This is the main reason why Chinese New Year exists today.
Does Anybody have a celebration that is similiar to this?
Calendar of Blog Posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- WellNIST Week Dress-up Day – March 18 March 11, 2014thephotographymuse via Compfight Next week, March 17-21 will be 'WellNIST Week' and we will be having many exciting activities and events during this week to promote health, well-being and a balanced lifestyle in our school community. Our volunteer committee has been working hard to organize a range of events. Some of these will be fun morning exer […]Chris (Christopher) B
- Book Week – Bookmark Competition Winners! March 11, 2014Congratulations to all of our Book Week Bookmark competition winners! And the winners are: Trent 5JW, Yuri 4RW Annabelle 1MI Honorable Mentions go to: Yumi 2HJ Wish 1RG We had a very difficult time choosing the winners of this year's bookmark competition because there were so many outstanding entries. A big congratulations to […]Nareeya U
- WellNIST Week – EY and Year 1 Nutrition Seminar March 11, 2014How well our children learn, are able to concentrate and retain information throughout their school years will be largely determined by what they eat. Tara Conrad will be discussing healthy nutrition for your children’s proper development and growth, specifically: • A balanced diet for your child • How to get a child to eat healthier? […]Gig (Tharika) T
- Book Week- Bookmark Competition Winners!Congratulations to all of our Book Week Bookmark competition winners! And the winners are: Trent 5JW, Yuri 4RW Annabelle 1MI Honorable Mentions go to: Yumi 2HJ Wish 1RG We had a very difficult time choosing the winners of this year’s bookmark competition because there were so many outstanding entries. A big congratulations to […]Kate (Katherine) K
- Qasar Quiz Winners!!!The winners of our Qasar Quiz and lucky recipients of THB 500 Kinokuniya book vouchers were… Thalia 4BM Risha 1CM Ellis 4RW Mateo 4VWJennifer B
- Book Week: Day 4Question: If you could pick any book to be made into a movie (which hasn’t been, or which you think they should make again but better), which would it be and why?Stephanie W
- September 2013
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- 267,962 hits
- "Teachers must believe what their students could achieve... and then let them coll.ag/_WAAC4oq via @PicColla http://t.co/9H7qap1yec 10 months ago
- Exploring Play #nistpypx coll.ag/_B9oCzyI via @PicCollage http://t.co/DBGJuNqz68 12 months ago
- Short clip showing Ethan at work during How we express ourselves bit.ly/WFy18f 1 year ago
- Our favourite news websites for kids, and why blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/2013/01/08… 1 year ago
- Learning by Design: It's Not What You Know, But How You Think - pulse.me/s/fGzaD 1 year ago