This is a fascinating set of photos. Ms. Cassie showed you the book this morning. Please go to the 6CB blog – click on the picture to get there – and make a comment on their blog to tell us how these photos make you feel or what they make you think.
People can often be described as either a “sponge” or as a “stone”. Think about what those two things might mean, what kind of people would be sponges and what kind of people would be stones. Which one are you?
Make a comment to explain your thinking.
Interview your parents to find out what the world was like and what their lives were like when you were a Zygote!
“Girls grow up faster than boys”
What do you think? Do you agree? Why? Why not? Explain your thinking.
With your parents, spend some time looking at the Gradual Release of Responsibility diagram outside the classroom:
- Explain how the diagram works
- Share your cards with them by taking them off one-by-one and finding somewhere to talk about each one
- Find out if they think your cards are in the right place on the GRR
- Discuss how you can work together with your parents to progress
- Decide on one or two goals for the next couple of weeks
- Make a comment to tell us your goals and a bit of information about the conversations you had
Remember, make your goals:
Sustainable (you will carry on doing it)
Manageable (it is not too much to take on)
Achievable (you can achieve success with it)
Realistic (it is appropriate for you)
Timely (now is the perfect time to work on this goal)
What is the difference between being bossy and being a leader?
Make a comment to explain your ideas.
6GD have been blogging about this question too, have a look: http://blogs.nist.ac.th/6gd/2010/09/17/leadership-verses-bossiness/#comment-900
I’m interested in your opinion… is this art? Why? Why not? Explain your thinking and get the conversation going.