6SS@NIST is on the verge of superstar status!!! It has been an amazing year and a half of amazing blogging by the students of last year’s 6SS and this year’s 6SS. I think the blog has been successful because:
- Students were “allowed” to create postings of their own
- We have not worried too much about spelling, grammar and punctuation
- The blog has given the students a real reason to write
- We have really brought our blog to life by having conversations on interesting topics
- Students have been free to express themselves on the blog
- Students have quickly learned the skills involved, such as uploading images, embedding videos and using tags
… and, most importantly…
- Students have just loved having a place to think out loud, to express themselves safely and to share what they know and care about
If you’d like to vote for our blog, go to this link: http://edublogawards.com/2010awards/best-class-edublog-2010/
For the hydroponics I’m going to plant the small seedlings on thursday. I need your help to do this. I will appreciate if anyone comes and help. It will only take a few minutes and we won’t get wet. This crop will be Thai vegetables so it will grow quickier than salad so we can harvest on the last week of school.
This is a chance to tell us about your experiences in the last 24 hours, I think our audience will be interested to hear it. Make a comment to tell us about today from your perspective. Do not mention any names of people or political groups.
I’d like to know what you think about racism. Answer this question please:
DO YOU THINK RACISM IS A PROBLEM AT NIST?
(I’m going to use the best 3 for my powerpoint tomorrow!)
Your job tonight is to do as much work as you can towards being prepared for tomorrow’s spot-check. Use your time well, make the most of it – it is precious!
Make a comment to tell us what work you did towards your presentation. Explain what you did in detail. Read other people’s comments and share ideas.