The books that Mr.Sam showed us What You Think, Think the Opposite and It’s Not How Good You Are Its How Good You Want to be I also have at home. (I gave the books to Mr.Sam for new year present) There are lots of good quotes that I wanted to share with everyone, so I thought I should make a posting about the quotes in the book everyday. Here’s one of them, it is targeted to people who are shy and don’t really socialize with people. This page is page 66-67 from Paul Arden’s It’s not how good you are, It’s how good you want to be.
Here is my poem please read it and comment on it of what you think of my poem.
Lots of you are reading Jeff Kinney’s books at the moment. But what inspires him to write? How does he come up with his characters? Watch these videos to find out.
Here is a quote from “Boy Overboard” by Morris Gleitzman
“Anyway,” I say to Bibi.”We should be grateful. Our house has still got a roof. Our Mum and Dad are still alive. We’ve got all our arms and legs. Compared to some people we’re really lucky.”
Write a comment to explain some of the ways that you have been lucky in your life. How similar or different is “luck” in your life and “luck” in Jamal and Bibi’s life?
Do you like reading? I do. I think it’s fun and imaginative. By reading you can find out about many things and it also gives you ideas about what you can publish as a writer. I got many ideas from books. In fact I actually published something that was already in a book once. I also like to read because when you read you are in a world that the author has written about. If you pick a book you really like and think that your friend would like it too then recommend it to your friend or if you have read a lot of books that you would like to recommend to you friend then you should just make a list of the books. This will not only help you in remembering all the books you need to recommend but it will also help you remember what books you have read. I have a list. If you choose a book that has all the topics a.k.a. genres you like (for example: you like mystery, humor and one of the characters from the book writing in a journal) then you should borrow or buy it. If you want to borrow a book from the library and you have borrowed all the books you are allowed to and you have already read one of them then you should reserve it for the day at maybe lunch or break you should go and return the book you already read and borrow the one you wanted.
Good luck! And try getting sucked in a book.
PS What would you rate reading out of ten with ten being the highest and one being the lowest. Please comment! Enjoy reading.
Calendar of Blog Posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Aguero 'smart' over Fellaini red card - MourinhoManchester United boss Jose Mourinho suggests Sergio Aguero made the most of the incident that led to Marouane Fellaini's red card.
- Maria Sharapova wins again in Stuttgart but Johanna Konta is outMaria Sharapova refuses to respond to criticism of her return from a doping ban as she reaches the Stuttgart Open quarter-finals.
- House Hat Uniform Expectations January 23, 2015For several years now, NIST Elementary School has had the House hat as a new part of our school uniform. This has certainly smartened up the overall appearance of students in our school and enabled them to develop greater House pride and personal connections between students within our House groups. Unfortunately lately we have seen a growing […]Chris (Christopher) B
- Welcome to the new NIST Link January 22, 2015After several years of the NIST blogs, we have finally developed a brand new site that provides you with more personalized posts…as well as a distinctive NIST flair. Please visit the brand new NIST Link for all new posts, and don’t forget to bookmark its landing page: http://blogs.nist.ac.th.First (Phodchara) K
- Year 5 Camp January 20, 2015
- Roald Dahl Nareeya U
- Kenn Nesbitt Book Sale and SigningKenn Nesbitt, former US Children’s Poet Laureate, will be with us March 21st to 22nd and has offered to autograph copies of his books! The Mechai Learning Commons will have copies of Kenn’s books for sale Monday March 17th through to Tues 22nd, the final day of Kenn’s visit. The cost of the paperback poetry […]Jennifer B
- The MLC evolving as a learning spaceIt was a busy week last week in the MLC with many periods of multiple use by multiple groups – class teachers searching for information books; EAL teachers and students finding and sharing great literary non-fiction print resources; groups looking closely together at the features of self-selected non-fiction; class groups interacting with and reflecting on [ […]Jennifer B
- September 2013
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- 293,683 hits
- "Teachers must believe what their students could achieve... and then let them coll.ag/_WAAC4oq via @PicColla http://t.co/9H7qap1yec 4 years ago
- Exploring Play #nistpypx coll.ag/_B9oCzyI via @PicCollage http://t.co/DBGJuNqz68 4 years ago
- Short clip showing Ethan at work during How we express ourselves bit.ly/WFy18f 4 years ago
- Our favourite news websites for kids, and why blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/2013/01/08… 4 years ago
- Learning by Design: It's Not What You Know, But How You Think - pulse.me/s/fGzaD 4 years ago