Read this quote and then make a comment to answer these questions:
- What does this quote mean to you?
- What “pebble” are you tossing into the world?
- How are you hoping to inspire people?
This video shows the students and parents of 6SS working together in their latest PYP Exhibition Checkpoint. The image below shows what the students were using as a guide for the Checkpoint. The parents were asked to focus on the students’ plans, what actions they are working towards and what actions they have already put in place.
Watch this video and then make a comment to answer these questions:
- Why do you think someone organized this? What might they have been hoping to achieve?
- Why do you think people reacted the way they did?
- Do you think they really have to tell people to0 “say something nice”? Why?
- What effect would a strategy like this have at NIST?
This afternoon was fantastic. You guys really nailed it, and your parents were an outstanding audience and brought so much knowledge and so many new perspectives and ideas into the Exhibition process. I am so glad that I had my Nikon camera with me today because I think it has helped me capture the atmosphere in the room this afternoon.
Share the photos with your parents, and if you want a high-quality copy of any of the photos you can download them from our Flickr account.
Ms. Ashley ran a session on stress with you today. What were the main things you got from it? What did it make you think about? What strategies did you pick up?
Work on the second circle tonight (the brown one) and gather as much information as you can from people around you after school, at home or in your building/neighbourhood, or even online.
Make a comment to describe what you did, who you spoke to, how you recorded the information and what you found out.