Read this quote and then make a comment to answer these questions:
- What does this quote mean to you?
- What “pebble” are you tossing into the world?
- How are you hoping to inspire people?
This video shows the students and parents of 6SS working together in their latest PYP Exhibition Checkpoint. The image below shows what the students were using as a guide for the Checkpoint. The parents were asked to focus on the students’ plans, what actions they are working towards and what actions they have already put in place.
Tonight is really your only chance to prepare for tomorrow’s checkpoint. This has been a crazy week!
Tomorrow, I will be expecting you to do the following things:
- Explain which key concepts you think will help you become an expert on your spark and why
- Share the driving questions you have created so far and where you think you can get answers to those questions
- Share some of the most interesting information you have found using those questions
- Involve the adults that visit us tomorrow in conversations about your spark, the work you have been doing and progress you think you have been making
- Find ways to involve them in your learning by asking questions and seeking advice
Make a comment to tell us what you plan to do tonight to make sure you’re ready for tomorrow.
You did some amazing thinking today. It was really important that we revised the Key Concepts so that you could use them to full effect during the Exhibition. By the time we did the third set of photographs your questions were much, much more conceptual, more powerful and more interesting – you really seemed like you wanted to know the answers.
Make a comment to share the following information with us:
- What were the most interesting questions you asked about the photographs?
- Which questions did you really want to find answers for?
- What questions have you created that will really help you become an expert on your spark?
What makes this a good presentation? What does he do well? Could you do this?
This afternoon was fantastic. You guys really nailed it, and your parents were an outstanding audience and brought so much knowledge and so many new perspectives and ideas into the Exhibition process. I am so glad that I had my Nikon camera with me today because I think it has helped me capture the atmosphere in the room this afternoon.
Share the photos with your parents, and if you want a high-quality copy of any of the photos you can download them from our Flickr account.
Write a comment to tell us about where trust fits into your life. In your comment, try and answer the following questions:
- Do you believe you are a trustworthy person?
- Who do you think really trusts you?
- How do you know that people trust you?
- How does being trusted have a positive impact on your life?
- How can you earn more trust from people?
- How can the PYP Exhibition effect the trust people have in you?