After nearly 220,000 hits, readers in every country on the planet, mentions in global media, nominations for awards and recognition from teachers and students worldwide… 6SS@NIST is shutting down. The reasons behind this are to do with every class in the school having blogs that look the same and every class in the school having blogs with similar URL addresses. The 6SS blog can now be found here: http://blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/.
This blog has had an amazing effect on my teaching over the past three years and it has led to some amazing experiences for my students and I:
- the students telling us about the fires, explosions, riots and general violence surrounding their homes two years ago: https://6ssatnist.wordpress.com/2010/05/19/what-has-your-day-been-like/
- the amazing philosophical thinking in the Sponge vs. Stone postings: https://6ssatnist.wordpress.com/?s=sponge+stone
- the “essays” that students wrote as comments in response to Angela Maier’s article about Mallory Fundora ( and Mallory’s comments herself) https://6ssatnist.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/homework-read-think-share/
- The students reactions to Robyn Treyvaud’s presentation about online safety and then Robyn’s reaction to their comments: https://6ssatnist.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/reacting-to-robyn-treyvaud/#comments
- The advice that 6SS students gave to students at Mt. Scopus Memorial College as they prepared for their first PYP Exhibition: https://6ssatnist.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/advice-for-other-year-6grade-5-students/
Blogging has helped my students and I by:
- Giving us a place to react to and think about things at any time, and from anywhere
- Allowing us to express ourselves without being interrupted or told we’re wrong
- Allowing us to develop our thinking in a way that was not really possible before
- Giving us a place to share our interests, our creativity and our ideas
- Giving us an audience of real people who would read and respond to our writing
- Connecting us with other people
- Giving us a way to make homework more fun and more connection to what we do in class
- Giving us the possibility to do “online learning” when it was not possible to come to school
- Helping us to stay in touch during holidays
What effect did 6SS@NIST have on you?
This is Vicky. As you know, I am leaving and I need two great owners to take care owners who can take care of my cute hedgehogs. I want two owners who can agree to the following things:
1: I will provide them food and water everyday
2: I will play with them at least a half an hour.
3: I will try to handle it and get close to them.
4: I am confident enough to take care of them.
5: I will treat them nicely.
And most important..
6: I will love them and treat them as a family!
Please ask your mother first if you can and remember, to bring a pet, it’s important your whole family agrees. Please talk to me before the end of Wednesday. I will ask Mr.Sam if I could have a lesson to-morrow of how you can treat them.
Sorry i posted this late but I think we don7t have homework. Well I am going to resarch about my ‘Who we are’ Inquiry. So if you want to I guess you can do that!! i don’t think we should not do the Homework because the teacher did not set us. I think we should make our own Homework.
Am I the only one who can’t find our homework? Because I can’t find my homework I will do research on my Who We Are inquiry. I will write down all the information I have found in a small notebook for my inquiry.
I will keep checking to see if the post came up.
Suggestion: If you are not sure what to do you can do something like I am going to do. I am going to catch up on other schoolwork if I can think of something.
How am I keeping my exhibition alive?
as Mari said we tought Ms.Kelli’s class the song.
That’s not all.. We went to Khun. Bo and he said the cats have been sent to a big temple (I don’t know which because it’s hard to remember). The monks are taking care of the cats. They only sent the cats that need help, they left the cats that don’t need help (are healthy). Of course, Mari and I are really happy. I think it’s better than taking them to a vet.
So.. I am keeping my exhibition alive. YAY!!
Now for something else…
Mari, Mara, Emma , Chiani and I.. Made it to threw the auditions. YAY!!
We will be dancing at the completion ceremony. So will Stefan and Zola be dancing at the completion ceremony. I know some people in 6SS that should have gone to the auditions.
Anyways..See you guys on Tuesday.
You guys know that SCAD is shutting down? Well aren’t you just so disapointed? I have e-mailed Lindsay if we can collect money and give it to them. But I didn’t get the reply yet. I will try to call her too. If we can collect money for them we can do a bake sale…. We can also ask them to donate to SCAD. I just want SCAD project to go on and on……… It’s so good!!! I can’t believe that they are going to shut down I mean what for? As I said I have e-mailed Lindsay if we can collect money and if she says yes I need your help to do ideas we have. I am going to ask Mr.Sam if I can like run a lesson with the ideas we can do to save SCAD. Firrst I think I have to ask you this question. Do you want SCAD to save the animals life and rescue them from danger and make them wealthy? Please answer the question.