Kanchanaburi Letter – Important
Year 6 Kanchanaburi Camp Parent Letter 4
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Dear Parents and Students,
The Year 6 team would like to provide you with the final details concerning our trip to Kanchanaburi, which will be held from Tuesday the 10th to Friday the 13th January, 2012.
Students should arrive at school at 6:00am and meet their teacher near the oval for roll call. Following this, and a visit to the toilet, we will board the buses and depart NIST at 6:30am sharp – any late comers will be responsible for finding their own way to the camp.
As stated at our Parent Information Evening, transport to Kanchanaburi will be provided by NIST & Montri buses. The students will travel to Kanchanaburi in 4 buses. A school van will also accompany us on camp and will be available to us during the camp should it be required.
When we return from camp on Friday, January 13, students will be provided with lunch at the school canteen. Following this, students will spend time in their classrooms before dismissal at the regular end to the school day at 2:30pm.
We would like to remind you that students SHOULD NOT BRING with them to camp any MOBILE TELEPHONES or other ELECTRONIC DEVICES as this is a time when the children will develop new levels of independence. We thank you for your co-operation in this regard.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
In case of an unforeseen emergency, we ask that parents make contact with the camp leader THROUGH THE SCHOOL OFFICE, or if at night, on the emergency number shown below. Please do not seek an update on your child from the school staff via the emergency contact number – please assume that if you hear nothing, that all is well. If we need to speak to you, we will be in contact.
Please DO NOT try to make contact with us by calling Pung-Waan Resort as this will make contact with us more difficult.
Should there be any need for the camp leader to contact parents during the camp, this will be made using the contact details that parents have provided to the school. Please ensure that this contact information is up-to-date to avoid any difficulties in case of emergency.
The Emergency Contact number is: 0818494226
We also ask that you clearly name all clothing and belongings that your child brings on camp. Each year many items of property and clothing are left unclaimed as they do not have a name on them.
We would also like to re-emphasize some of the more important information which has already been sent to you:
- Medications – please ensure that your child brings their medication for the camp in a clearly named ziplock bag. The bag should also contain a recent photograph of the student. The medication should have clear and easily understood written instructions for the school nurse to follow. DO NOT PACK THE MEDICATION IN THE LUGGAGE or BACKPACK. All medications are to be given to the nurse THE DAY BEFORE we leave for camp (Monday). The nurse will be responsible for administering all medications to the students.
- Bag for clothes and gear – please do not send large hard suitcases. Large, soft bags are much easier to fit under the bus and will be big enough for what the students need to bring. Please have the students use the checklist to pack their own bag (they are old enough and can do it). They should use the list provided as a checklist and tick off each item as they pack them. However, feel free to run through the list with them after as a second check. We ask that you PLEASE KEEP TO THE LIST as students will not require anything extra. Students will carry their own bags and do not need any extra weight to carry! If you have lost your list, you can find it on your class blog. http://blogs.nist.ac.th/6cb/2011/09/25/year-6-camp-packing-list/
****This bag should be brought to school and deposited in the Old Library (near the ATM) on Monday, January 9 (the first day back at school).
- The backpack should be a small one – the students will need to carry them up some steep hills.
- Students should bring some snacks to enjoy for the morning break on the first day – please provide this and pack it in the backpack which will travel with the students on the bus. There is no need for any additional foods/snacks etc other than what is required on the first day.
- Valuables – please check the packing list for some of the things we DO NOT want students to bring. Please support the school staff by adhering to this request.
Should you have any questions relating to your child or the camp, please feel free to contact your child’s class teacher. We are happy to discuss any issues or answer any further questions you may have. If your child has any specific concerns, difficulties or needs, we ask that you let us know so that we can be aware of them and assist your child to have a safe and enjoyable camp.
The Year 6 Team