- Morning- Prepare the fruits and equipment for the morning prayers: Thai and Chinese. I help prepare for this celebration since I started to acknowledge that this is a very important to Chinese History.
- Morning-Make prayers at the Thai shrine then the Chinese shrine and finally the shrine that protects and is closest to your house. This event commenced because it is the day for praying for the thai shrines and it is Chinese New Year at the same time. I help my dad carry the fruits and foods to the shrine and I also prayed with my dad.
- Morning- Prepare for the past people of our family and having breakfast.
- Morning-I went to my grandmother’s other house and have afternoon prayers of our relatives that are in heaven. Th main objective to this is to make sure our past relatives have food, utensils, electronics and money so that they stay wealthy and up to date to the world. Fruits, foods, gold paper all have to be there everyday. The most important fruit of the celebration is oranges since they have the symbol of good luck.
- Pack up and have lunch.
- Noon-Prepare for praying for relativeless spirits.
- Praying for relativeless spirits.
- Pack Up for the day.
History of Chinese New Year:
Long time ago, there was a deadly animal that would kill the Chinese people and make China terrifying. This animal’s name is knean. It stayed deep inside mountains and every day of the 14th of February, it would come out of the mountains and slaughter men and women one village at a time. The villiagers that survived gathered their food during January and hide in their houses when the knean comes. A few years later, the villiagers started to know the weaknesses of the knean:
- Loud Noises- the villiagers were just playing around with some firecrackers and the knean ran away.
- Color Red- the children in the village were wearing red shirts and the knean ran away too.
This is the main reason why Chinese New Year exists today.
Does Anybody have a celebration that is similiar to this?
Today I was watching CNN channel 91, they were updating about Haiti. As you all know Haiti had gone through a major disaster earthquake, which shook the whole country up side down. As seen on the television my heart really cries out for all the little children who were injured and been separated from their family. I told my mum that I would want to further support the people of Haiti by donating more money. My mum agree that she will donate it for me on my behalf.
Calendar of Blog Posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- CBK Evening Session – How NIST Students can Enrich the World March 6, 2014 Supanee R
- Parent Coffee with the Elementary Leadership Team March 5, 2014Our coffee morning, hosted by the Elementary Leadership Team, will be held on Tuesday 11 March from 8:30 to 9:30 in Ratchapruek (third floor of the Elementary Building). At this coffee morning we will present an update on the programme in the Elementary School and provide parents with the opportunity to ask questions. Brett Penny, […]Supanee R
- Block 5 Swimming Schedule March 05 – April 29 2014. February 28, 2014The new swimming schedule for “Block Five Swimming” will commence at the start of the next cycle, Day A Wednesday Mar 5th. Some changes have been made to the previous swimming timetable. These changes have come about due to Elementary sharing the pool with Secondary. The swimming block we are about to start is Block […]Supanee R
- Book Week: Day 4Question: If you could pick any book to be made into a movie (which hasn’t been, or which you think they should make again but better), which would it be and why?Stephanie W
- Book Week: Day 3Question The much-awaited trailer for The Fault in Our Stars is out… What was your reaction to it? Do you like how they’ve cast it? What are you hoping they’ll include/not leave out in the movie? If you haven’t read the book, does it make you want to? Answer any or all of these questions in today’s […]Stephanie W
- Book Week: Day 2Today’s Topic: For students in years 9-13, most of us have been disappointed by a movie which just didn’t live up to the book…In your opinion, which was the worst book to movie adaptation? Have your say in the comments box below and get the chance to win a 500 B gift certificate for Kinokuniya!Stephanie W
- September 2013
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- 267,838 hits
- "Teachers must believe what their students could achieve... and then let them coll.ag/_WAAC4oq via @PicColla http://t.co/9H7qap1yec 10 months ago
- Exploring Play #nistpypx coll.ag/_B9oCzyI via @PicCollage http://t.co/DBGJuNqz68 12 months ago
- Short clip showing Ethan at work during How we express ourselves bit.ly/WFy18f 1 year ago
- Our favourite news websites for kids, and why blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/2013/01/08… 1 year ago
- Learning by Design: It's Not What You Know, But How You Think - pulse.me/s/fGzaD 1 year ago