- Morning- Prepare the fruits and equipment for the morning prayers: Thai and Chinese. I help prepare for this celebration since I started to acknowledge that this is a very important to Chinese History.
- Morning-Make prayers at the Thai shrine then the Chinese shrine and finally the shrine that protects and is closest to your house. This event commenced because it is the day for praying for the thai shrines and it is Chinese New Year at the same time. I help my dad carry the fruits and foods to the shrine and I also prayed with my dad.
- Morning- Prepare for the past people of our family and having breakfast.
- Morning-I went to my grandmother’s other house and have afternoon prayers of our relatives that are in heaven. Th main objective to this is to make sure our past relatives have food, utensils, electronics and money so that they stay wealthy and up to date to the world. Fruits, foods, gold paper all have to be there everyday. The most important fruit of the celebration is oranges since they have the symbol of good luck.
- Pack up and have lunch.
- Noon-Prepare for praying for relativeless spirits.
- Praying for relativeless spirits.
- Pack Up for the day.
History of Chinese New Year:
Long time ago, there was a deadly animal that would kill the Chinese people and make China terrifying. This animal’s name is knean. It stayed deep inside mountains and every day of the 14th of February, it would come out of the mountains and slaughter men and women one village at a time. The villiagers that survived gathered their food during January and hide in their houses when the knean comes. A few years later, the villiagers started to know the weaknesses of the knean:
- Loud Noises- the villiagers were just playing around with some firecrackers and the knean ran away.
- Color Red- the children in the village were wearing red shirts and the knean ran away too.
This is the main reason why Chinese New Year exists today.
Does Anybody have a celebration that is similiar to this?
Today I was watching CNN channel 91, they were updating about Haiti. As you all know Haiti had gone through a major disaster earthquake, which shook the whole country up side down. As seen on the television my heart really cries out for all the little children who were injured and been separated from their family. I told my mum that I would want to further support the people of Haiti by donating more money. My mum agree that she will donate it for me on my behalf.
Calendar of Blog Posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- House Hat Uniform Expectations January 23, 2015For several years now, NIST Elementary School has had the House hat as a new part of our school uniform. This has certainly smartened up the overall appearance of students in our school and enabled them to develop greater House pride and personal connections between students within our House groups. Unfortunately lately we have seen a growing […]Chris (Christopher) B
- Welcome to the new NIST Link January 22, 2015After several years of the NIST blogs, we have finally developed a brand new site that provides you with more personalized posts…as well as a distinctive NIST flair. Please visit the brand new NIST Link for all new posts, and don’t forget to bookmark its landing page: http://blogs.nist.ac.th.First (Phodchara) K
- Year 5 Camp January 20, 2015
- The MLC evolving as a learning spaceIt was a busy week last week in the MLC with many periods of multiple use by multiple groups – class teachers searching for information books; EAL teachers and students finding and sharing great literary non-fiction print resources; groups looking closely together at the features of self-selected non-fiction; class groups interacting with and reflecting on [ […]Jennifer B
- “It’s Always Tea Time!”More mouth-watering pictures here…Jennifer B
- ‘Tis the Season to Be Reading…Book Fair Xmas by nistlibraryJennifer B
- September 2013
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- 285,177 hits
- "Teachers must believe what their students could achieve... and then let them coll.ag/_WAAC4oq via @PicColla http://t.co/9H7qap1yec 2 years ago
- Exploring Play #nistpypx coll.ag/_B9oCzyI via @PicCollage http://t.co/DBGJuNqz68 2 years ago
- Short clip showing Ethan at work during How we express ourselves bit.ly/WFy18f 2 years ago
- Our favourite news websites for kids, and why blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/2013/01/08… 3 years ago
- Learning by Design: It's Not What You Know, But How You Think - pulse.me/s/fGzaD 3 years ago