Make a comment to answer these questions:
- Why have I put this news story on the Blog?
- Try to find the exact location of this accident on Google Maps and paste the link in your comment
- Why were the people trying to get to Australia?
- Our new unit is “Sharing the planet”. How is this story connected with the way that people share the planet
- Can you find out what “asylum seekers” are?
Federer just won his 16th grandslam and was declared winner of Australian open 2010. He was playing against Murray and beat him 6-3 6-4 and 7-6 (tie break score 13-11). Even though it was just three sets, it was when of the most exciting three sets I’ve ever watched. It lasted more than 2 and a half hours and it was really fun to watch them play.
P.S if I didn’t make this post Ranvir would have made it.
An out back dust storm was brought into the eastern side of Australia. The storm has spread to the southeren tropical state of Queensland. At about noon the dust was estimated to be 5 million tons of dust from the outback of Australia. Australia is said to be battling one of its worst droughts and weather. Health authorities told (asked) people to stay inside , the storm was likely to continue in to today(24th). The people that are at risk is children, elderly, pregnant women and people with heart and lung disease. The dust effected most of New South Whales
Someone said that…
When they woke up they found red dust all over the floor