Let me know if you want a full size copy of your photograph.
“The changes and challenges we face as we grow help us to
understand who we are”
This is our central idea.
I would like you to come up with your own idea about how to show what you think about this. You can share your thoughts however you like, but we must be able to see what you have done – you can’t just talk about it. If you want to talk about it, film yourself talking!
There are good things and bad things about being either a boy or a girl. Using Caitie’s gratefulness theme, think of the reasons why you are glad you are or a boy, or glad you are a girl.
Create an attractive TOP TEN REASONS I’M GLAD I’M A…. visual that will go on display in the classroom. Try to keep it serious and sensible as many of the things you might be thinking about could be sensitive for people who are the opposite gender.
We watched videos about puberty in class t0day. One of the main things that was mentioned was having a healthy diet in order to help your body cope with the changes it will go through. So, I think it w0uld be really helpful if we had some information about what you all eat an drink during a typical week of your life. We’re not going to pick on anyone for eating badly, we’re just going to use the information for our inquiries over the next few weeks.
Create a visual to show what you typically eat and drink every week. Make sure your visual answers the following questions:
- What do you eat for breakfast everyday?
- What do you eat for lunch on a school day? At the weekend?
- What do you eat at night?
- What kind of snacks do you eat?
- What and when do you drink the most?
- How much water do you drink?
Make your visual good to look at and full of useful information. Create on a computer or by hand.
Now, don’t be confused here… I am not asking you what your favourite animal is! That would be very uninteresting indeed. I am asking you to think about yourself, your personality and your behaviour and find an animal that is similar to you! IT IS NOT EASY. Believe me.
When you have thought about it deeply. Find a high quality image of the animal and create a JPEG with a description about why you and the animal are so similar. Make the description nice to read.
Here is mine:
Create a JPEG using Powerpoint to do a “The Important Thing About Me” page for a “The Important Thing About 6SS” book.
You have TWO DAYS to complete this task.
Together, we will create a “Who are we?” display in the classroom. You need to prepare a visual that shows people the information about you that you think is most important.
- Your personality
- Your values
- Your culture
- Your interests
- Your family and friends
- Your likes and dislikes
- Any other things that make you interesting or unique
Make your visual:
- Good to look at
- Clear that it is about you
- Show things that are not already obvious to us (VERY IMPORTANT – Don’t just tell us a whole lot of stuff we know, like “I like football”)
Create a Blogfolio posting that tells the story of your PYP Exhibition. Try to include the following information:
- Why you chose the spark you chose
- The main things you did to create energy
- The biggest challenge you faced
- The most rewarding experience you had
- The shifts you think you created so far
- The ‘Lynchpins” of your PYP Exhibition
- Ideas for how you can carry on with your PYP Exhibition
Make your posting interesting by including photographs, videos and any other things you can think of. You can find photos and videos in the Year 6 folder on Media.
When you have published your posting, make a comment on here and include the link to your Blogfolio posting.
I just came back from Australia today I would like you guys to view this video. Because I think it’s pretty cool
Read this quote and then make a comment to answer these questions:
- What does this quote mean to you?
- What “pebble” are you tossing into the world?
- How are you hoping to inspire people?