Google’s homepage is a fully functional Moog synthesizer at the moment. This is pretty cool! So, I gave the students the chance to play around with it this afternoon – after a very brief demonstration and explanation of what the parameters mean they were off!
See the comments and click on their links to listen to their music!
This video shows the students and parents of 6SS working together in their latest PYP Exhibition Checkpoint. The image below shows what the students were using as a guide for the Checkpoint. The parents were asked to focus on the students’ plans, what actions they are working towards and what actions they have already put in place.
Watch this video and then make a comment to answer these questions:
- Why do you think someone organized this? What might they have been hoping to achieve?
- Why do you think people reacted the way they did?
- Do you think they really have to tell people to0 “say something nice”? Why?
- What effect would a strategy like this have at NIST?
Tonight is really your only chance to prepare for tomorrow’s checkpoint. This has been a crazy week!
Tomorrow, I will be expecting you to do the following things:
- Explain which key concepts you think will help you become an expert on your spark and why
- Share the driving questions you have created so far and where you think you can get answers to those questions
- Share some of the most interesting information you have found using those questions
- Involve the adults that visit us tomorrow in conversations about your spark, the work you have been doing and progress you think you have been making
- Find ways to involve them in your learning by asking questions and seeking advice
Make a comment to tell us what you plan to do tonight to make sure you’re ready for tomorrow.
What makes this a good presentation? What does he do well? Could you do this?
This afternoon was fantastic. You guys really nailed it, and your parents were an outstanding audience and brought so much knowledge and so many new perspectives and ideas into the Exhibition process. I am so glad that I had my Nikon camera with me today because I think it has helped me capture the atmosphere in the room this afternoon.
Share the photos with your parents, and if you want a high-quality copy of any of the photos you can download them from our Flickr account.