We watched videos about puberty in class t0day. One of the main things that was mentioned was having a healthy diet in order to help your body cope with the changes it will go through. So, I think it w0uld be really helpful if we had some information about what you all eat an drink during a typical week of your life. We’re not going to pick on anyone for eating badly, we’re just going to use the information for our inquiries over the next few weeks.
Create a visual to show what you typically eat and drink every week. Make sure your visual answers the following questions:
- What do you eat for breakfast everyday?
- What do you eat for lunch on a school day? At the weekend?
- What do you eat at night?
- What kind of snacks do you eat?
- What and when do you drink the most?
- How much water do you drink?
Make your visual good to look at and full of useful information. Create on a computer or by hand.
What makes this a good presentation? What does he do well? Could you do this?
Today I had mussels for dinner and I had the craziest idea ever which is to stack all the shells up. I stacked 25 Mussel shells and made a shell sculpture.
Okay so the first picture is the red cabbage and water in the blender this stage took quite a long time because I couldn’t put the blender in the right way and well blending takes a bit of time. The second picture is the results and the third picture is when I put vinegar into the solution and as you see it turned red because the red cabbage has a chemical in it which acts as a indicator so when a acid such as vinegar goes in it turns red but if a base like soap goes in it turns blue. So the instructions for this experiment are:
1. Gather these ingredents:
Cups Vinegar Water
A blender Baking soda And a spoon
Soap Red cabbage
2. Blend the red cabbage and water toghether.
3. Pour the results out in 4 or more cups if you can find lot’s of bases and acids.
4. Put the acids or bases into each cup.
5. Watch the reactions.
6. The most horrible part cleaning up!
Today, I went with my family for a dinner at a restaurant called Scoozi at Central Chidlom. They put their menu on an i pad. It’s so cool I think that every restaurant in Bangkok should have this it’s also good for the trees because we don’t have to cut them down to make the menu.
Here is episode one of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution so you can watch it again if you like. But, why are we watching it?
- Because Jamie is a very creative person in the way that he cooks and creates recipes, the way that he tries to solve problems and the way that he gets people’s attention.
- Because Jamie’s “ideas and actions can cause a shift in thinking and change the course of history” (the central idea for our PYP Exhibition).
- Because Jamie is a modern day hero!
- Because food is so important.
This is a cooking course I did in the october break, my mum is going to make me cook one of these dishes because she was looking after my sister.