This year we will be holding the Exhibition Opening Ceremony in the Elementary Staffroom. Here we will welcome your parents, have some morning tea and hear from two student ‘Key Note Speakers’ who will talk about the Exhibition.
In addition, we will also need to MCs to host the event and introduce different people – please let your teacher know if you would be interested in this role.
If you would like to be a ‘Key Note Speaker’, please prepare a two minute speech sharing the issues below and perhaps some of your experiences during the Exhibition. Your speech should be ready to present to your class teacher by Thursday and from your class two students will be selected to go on to the second round of auditions that will be held on Friday in period 3B.
Here are the things you should talk about in your speech:
· Central Idea – Where we are in place and time
· You should mention that the Exhibition Unit comes from the Social Studies Strand (which is the curriculum this unit comes from) called ‘Continuity and change through time’ – and is based on the study of ‘Past, Present & Future’.
· How the inquiry is different to the other units – you wrote your own student questions, lines of inquiry, you worked independently, all the issues were from your own passions and interests other important things you would like to share from your experiences of the Exhibition
· The Revolution Cycle – Spark, Energy, Shift
· How the Exhibition shows a students growth through the PYP
Remember to practice your speech before Thursday and that it should be ‘Clear, Simple and To the Point’.
If you have any further questions, please see your class teacher.
You might be inspired by this TED TALK – a great presentation by a student.
I doing my exhibition project on gratefulness. We have so much but we grumble and complain about the little things we don’t have. The goal of my project is to encourage 6SS to be more grateful. I would like you to think about what you are grateful for.
For homework today can you please take one or more photos of things you are grateful for. Then e-mail the photos to me ( Caitie ), put them put on Flickr or print them out. I’m going to make a collage of the photos.