At the moment, we are doing a number of things to try and become more aware of where we live, the world around us and the people that surround us every day.
Today’s homework task is all about showing your awareness of where you live. Follow these instructions carefully.
Take photos in your neighbourhood of at least three of these things. Then, upload them to our Flickr account and mark the exact spot on the map. Include more information in the description of each photograph.
- The closest place with some nature (eg., a park)
- The closest shop where you can buy some basic groceries
- Your favourite local restaurant
- Local places where you can buy street food
- The closest place where you can get a motorbike taxi
- The closest new building project
- The closest empty plot of land
- The closest BTS or MRT station
- The closest fresh food market
- The closest place where there is often bad traffic
- The closest community who appear to be very poor
- The closest amazing, beautiful, old or weird house
- Something interesting close to your home
Make a comment to tell us what photos you took. Paste in the URL for each photo.
Tomorrow, from 9:25, we will go for our first photography walk together. This is to achieve the following:
- To become aware of the world and people around us
- To become more observant
- To develop photography skills
- To gather information for our inquiries
We will follow quite a simple route for our first walk, as you can see on the map above. Hopefully, however, there should be plenty of life to see along Asoke as there are markets in that area during the week.
Look out for our photos on our Flickr account.