Yellow Hat – Positive
How did you and your group collaborate well today? What did you achieve? What was a success? Why did it go well?
Black Hat – Negative
What stopped your group from collaborating well today? What was not successful? What problems did you have? Why didn’t it go well?
Photos by "Natalia Photos" and Sarah G... on Flickr
Get you “Design” thinking caps on.
If there were no schools today and you were given the task to design/create a place where children could learn, what would your “place” look like?
Think about these things:
- What would the building look like?
- What would a classroom (if you have classrooms, remember you are starting from nothing) look like?
- How would it be organised?
- How would teachers and students interact?
- How would students learn?
- And anything else you can think of.
Leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Calendar of Blog Posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The best breakfast in BKK here at NIST! October 30, 2014You now can order a a-la-carte hot breakfast between 6.30am to 8am each schooldays from the cafeteria. You can order free range organic eggs done any way, hash brown, toasted sour dough, grilled tomato, fried mushrooms, bacon, baked beans and organic sausages made from happy pigs! Drop in, fill out your order and we will […]Gig (Tharika) T
- NLCS: Keys to Academic Success, Part 1 October 28, 2014The seminar will include: What is executive function? The crucial role of executive function in academic success How teachers and parents can promote development of executive functioning skills When: Tuesday 4th November 2014 Time: 8:30 am –10:00 am Target parents: Elementary parents Where: to be decided Presenter: Trish Curtain (Elementary Learning Support […]Mini (Nandini) P
- Lost and Found October 27, 2014There are many items of Lost Property at 'Lost and Found' which is located near the entrance gate to the school. Please see the guards who can assist you look through the items. Here are some pictures of some of the items you can find there. Can you see anything that belongs to you or […]Chris (Christopher) B
- InfoBits database explanation by Ms BrighdeIf you’d like to refresh your knowledge of how it works, or haven’t had a chance to explore it yet, here’s a screencast courtesy of Ms Brighde. Check it out for your researching needs! Click the pic…Jennifer B
- Search EnginesYou will find a collection of search engines easily from the Resource tab on your class or Year level blog (Years 3 to 6). Search engines work best when you know more precisely what you are looking for, for example, “How many teeth does a great white shark have?” You’ll find which ones work best […]Jennifer B
- UN Day Ele Library Multicultural ReadaloudsIn every corner of the library children gathered and stories were shared of other places, times and cultures. The ebb and flow of different languages resonated throughout our library space as we celebrated the centrality of “story” in all cultures… More photos here. Grazie mille Giovanna; Buíochas a ghabháil leat go mór Anna; Merci beaucoup […] […]Jennifer B
- September 2013
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- 275,180 hits
- "Teachers must believe what their students could achieve... and then let them coll.ag/_WAAC4oq via @PicColla http://t.co/9H7qap1yec 1 year ago
- Exploring Play #nistpypx coll.ag/_B9oCzyI via @PicCollage http://t.co/DBGJuNqz68 1 year ago
- Short clip showing Ethan at work during How we express ourselves bit.ly/WFy18f 1 year ago
- Our favourite news websites for kids, and why blogs.nist.ac.th/6ss/2013/01/08… 1 year ago
- Learning by Design: It's Not What You Know, But How You Think - pulse.me/s/fGzaD 1 year ago